Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 6: Journal Cozy

     This was a neat project idea and I hope to make more of these.  I didn't have any buttons to put but I will be adding them when as soon as I find some nice ones.  Another addition I'd like to make is embellishments, such as a contrasting coloured flower.

    I took the original pattern from here and tweaked it for a journal.  I started with a base row of 26 chains.  The pattern obviously needs to be modified to fit whatever journal you'd like to use.  For the button holes I used doubles then skipped the 4th from the edge (sc, sk stitch then dc in next st).





    I like that I can keep my pen with my journal now.  I hope to make more of these for other various journals I have since I'm a total stationary nut.

Oh and let's not forget my company while hooking up this project:



     Verdict: I liked this project and definitely look forward to making more. Especially some with contrasting coulours, various stitches and embellishments.

    Well that's all for me tonight! Keep Crafty Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment