Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ken's Jerseys

     After a seemingly long summer without hockey it's time for it to start up again. Yay! Last week when Ken pulled out his hockey equipment for a pick up game he found that a few adjustments were needed for the jerseys to fit better for the upcoming season. What was he to do? Call me of course! So over came Kenny, jerseys in hand and asked me to fix them up and make them a bit bigger.  Since he had a couple of old jerseys about the same colour it would be a relatively easy task.
     He wanted the arms to be same but the sides to be a bit bigger, so my action plan was to take apart the sides, cut out 2 strips from each of the extra jerseys (one white, one black) then sew them into each side of the jerseys he wanted fixed.  I did some measuring, some dismantling, some cutting, a little bit of pinning then some sewing, and voilà! They turned out great! 

A little bit of measuring

Black Jersey: front

Black Jersey: side
White Jersey: sides

White Jersey: side

     This having been my first time working with jerseys as well as my first time with enlarging something as opposed to taking them in (making it bigger rather than smaller) I wasn't too sure on how well it would turn out, but it was super easy and came out really well. I've very happy with how they turned out and being a perfectionist, that's an accomplishment :).

Defense-man Kenny in action

Ken is number 6 (RIGID BODY)
     Ken looked great out on the ice with great fitting jerseys. I for one am glad he's back on the ice (which means I'm back at the rink watching hockey) :D.  Happy season to all the amateur players out there and happy watching to all the fans who like to come out and watch!


Keep Crafty Everyone, and to the avid hockey watchers out there: keep toasty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment